Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Playing Hookey and Baking Brownies

I'm not even sure what day it is. This is one of those weeks where every day feels like a Monday or a Friday. In addition to Veterans Day, this week features 1 full day of school for all 3 of my kids and 3 half-days for 2 of them. Today was supposed to be a physical therapy day for Isaiah, but no one told the weather. The flooding began overnight. Between that and the wind gusts, I decided to skip the trip over the bridge today. No worries, PT Larry has provided us with enough PT equipment that I could open my own practice right here in the living room. But of course none of that equipment got used today because, afterall, it was raining: I had to make homemade chicken noodle soup and brownies. And not just any brownies--they were Ghiradelli brownies.

Just because the bailout isn't working doesn't mean I can't indulge my sweet tooth with some seriously rich desserts.

And to those of you playing the "At Home Drinking Game": Brownie *chug, chug, chug*

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Gotta love those hookie days, especially when something so good as those brownies sound are in the oven. It is nice to take one of those every once in awhile.

Nicky