Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I am Snow-ver It

"Whoever keeps praying for snow...please quit."

~ as seen on a marquee outside of an area United Methodist church

Before most of us could even dig out mailboxes from the last storm, another one is already kicking up outside. The storm over the weekend dumped between 2 to 3 feet of snow on us. This next system is expected to add an additional foot. Did I mention that's on top of the 2 to 3 feet already on the ground?

For real.

The school system has given up its coy routine and finally cancelled school for the remainder of the week. I have reason to believe it's Mariah on her knees at bedtime praying. It has her M.O. written all over it.

The good news is that we are warm. We haven't had to deal with any power outages. J and Savannah made another firewood run today. And we have food. My mom made a vat of tasty soup today. Our junk food and comfort food tanks are also on "F". My mom, the retired school teacher, has kept the girls on their toes with their schoolwork--much to their chagrin. The federal government is going on its third day in a row shut down which is unprecedented.

Am I going stir crazy with all of this togetherness? If it hadn't been for Target, I probably would be. But I was able to get out during a "break" in the weather yesterday. What Target can do to relieve Cabin Fever should be bottled and sold over-the-counter. That's good stuff.

I know spring is coming. I know the snow will eventually melt. And I know my children won't always be home to get snowed-in with me. So I am going to savor it while I can.

But if the Snow Gods are listening:

sNOw mas.

No comments: