Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Photo Carnival "Pick"-Ture


Today I am participating in a Photo Carnival over at Love That Max.

"The Littlest Heroes Project" photographer, Trina Gueck, spent the afternoon of Isaiah's 5th birthday getting to know him. She worked her magic capturing the very essence of my sweet boy in her photography. It's not hard to see why I picked this as my favorite.

See how she caught all that mischief? That head cocked to the side? That infectious grin? All Zaiah. And that independence. Isaiah was learning to walk. See how he's not holding on to the handles on his walker? Eight weeks after this picture was taken, Isaiah let go of that walker for good and stepped out on his own and hasn't looked back. From this photo's perspective, I'm able to see Isaiah as his own person ~ literally a separate, but equally valuable part of our family.

And we are all still here. Standing behind him. Cheering him on.

10 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you participated in the "Love that Max" photo carnival today because that is how I discovered your blog. I just read through a bunch of your most recent entries and it was very encouraging. We have a four year old Isaiah and it was fun to read about your Isaiah and his progression to walking at age 5. Thanks for all that you share.

Mo said...

Beautiful family! Lovely Picture! I too have a child with CP and I look forward to learning more about your Isaiah.

Unknown said...

Sharon, I just choked up at "And we are all still here, cheering him on."

That is an amazing picture, both because it is so beautifully shot and because like you say, it says so much. We had a Little Heroes Photographer come last year, he was great, but you seem to have found someone especially amazing.

Dani G said...

This photo is awesome!!! That boy looks like a funny, smart, sneaky little one. Love it! That last line about cheering him on touched my heart.

here's my pic:
http://www.imjustthatway.com/2010/11/my-favorite-photo.html

The Henrys said...

I love this photo! It's amazing!

Gween said...

Great pic Sharon. I always love seeing you and your family, no matter who's doing the clickin.

Bethann said...

Your post today made me cry . Thank you. :)

BLOOM - Parenting Kids With Disabilities said...

Stunning photo!

Michele said...

Such an amazing little boy. Such an amazing mommy.

BLOOM - Parenting Kids With Disabilities said...

Hi -- I wondered if we might be able to use this photo of Isaiah and his sibs in the next issue of BLOOM -- a magazine on parenting kids with disabilities we produce here in Toronto? Please let me know. You can e-mail me at
lkinross@hollandbloorview.ca

And you can visit our blog at:

http://bloom-parentingkidswithdisabilities.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Louise