Thursday, September 17, 2009

Game On


Soccer season is in full swing (or full kick) and I am happy to report that Mariah's Dominators were victorious over "the other blue team" at last Saturday's season opener. Mariah played her position well, TOO dedicated to her spot at times. She is finally learning to attack the ball, but it's hard for a girl who prides herself in being polite and "doing the right thing". I blame myself ~ it's definitely my DNA plaguing her.

A few weeks ago, I signed up to be Snack Mom for the team's second-to-last game in October. But now, I'm not so sure. In Germany, the kids could expect granola bars, cheese-n-crackers, bags of oranges. Saturday's Snack Mom raised the bar. She brought individually-wrapped hot hogs (or veggie dogs for the vegetarians) nestled in warm, soft buns. She even had condiments and an assortment of chips.

Showoff.

Looks like I have about a month to come up with something. Hmm...sushi designed like miniature soccer balls...

Goooooooooooal!

No comments: