Friday, September 4, 2009

My Sweet Brownie Turns 12



Today is the 12th anniversary of the moment I became a mother. Savannah entered our lives on a beautiful September 4th afternoon in 1997. J and I wanted to do everything right so we had taken Lamaze classes, toured the hospital, practiced getting the car seat in and out,...the only thing we hadn't anticipated was the Back-To-School traffic we encountered on the way to the hospital. Amateurs. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I cursed out a school bus or two on the way.

Savannah's birth was textbook from start to finish ~ probably the easiest of all 3, despite being my first. J was the first to hold her. I remember being keenly aware of their strong bond, which exists to this day. And I remember looking into her little face and thinking, "How in the world could I love this tiny person so much?"

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, dry-witted, artistic, incredibly creative daughter who taught me how to be a mom. Her sweetness makes my job easy.

I love you, Savannah Banana!

3 comments:

Bethann said...

Happy Birthday Savannah !

Michele said...

Awwww, how sweet! Happy, happy, birthday to Savannah! And happy "mom-iversay" to you Mandie!

Karen the Californian said...

Seng-il chook-ha han-da, Savannah!