Friday, July 16, 2010

Do Fries Go with That Shake?


Just when I thought it was safe to go to sleep and not awaken to news of a local earthquake...

Now, before my West Coast friends start snickering, I have to preface this post with the fact that this was the D.C. area's biggest recorded quake since they started keeping records. Not a whopper, but definitely more than a whimper at a respectable 3.6 on the Richter scale. Smaller than my first West Coast earthquake last year, but definitely the talk of the town today.

So did I feel it?

Let's just review: I spent 3 hours at the pool with the kids yesterday in 90+ degree heat. I stayed up past my bedtime glued to those baby shows. The quake hit at 5:04 am. And Zay doesn't have school on Fridays.

An actual truck or an actual train barreling through my room this morning would have barely opened one eye. A baby earthquake never stood a chance.

No comments: