Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I Learned at Camp Schmidt

1. First of all, there are no bunnies in the woods.



2. A campfire is better than Prozac.



3. S'mores are underrated. They should be a food group. Seriously. Yummy.



4.Ghost stories and hayrides in the dark can still scare the bejeesus out of me.

5. Dawn is a gorgeous, powerful time of day. But I'm still not a morning person.



6.Clear, odorless, moving water is probably potable. But you might want to strain it through your teeth first.



7. Sometimes getting lost is half the fun.



8. Fifth-grade girls can survive on very little sleep. They rest long enough to recharge their mouth muscles. Cuz they talk. A lot.

9. When it comes to friendships, my child has impeccable taste.



10. If Mariah was stranded in the woods with her classmates and the only way out was to swing on a vine over quicksand without so much as touching the quicksand, I'd never see my child again.



11. Spending time with my middle child in the middle of nowhere was worth the sleepless night, the taste of camp food, and the haunted hayride-induced heart palpitations.

No comments: