Thursday, October 23, 2008

What can brown do for you?

There is no sight quite as thrilling as the UPS truck slowing down and stopping in front of the house. I get absolutely giddy--even if I can't remember ordering anything. Yesterday, Doug Heffernan's blond, younger sister brought joy to my doorstep in the form of my brand new rain jacket. This might not seem like a big deal, but living in the Pacific Northwest where it rains more than it shines--the proper weather gear is essential. I spent more money on the jacket than I probably should have, but I look at it as an investment. Plus, it looks really cute on me. Heck, I hope it rains today just so I can wear it.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I bet it looks adorable on you! Proper rain gear is a must in a climate like yours so don't give the price another thought.

Is it shameful that I recognize the motor revving of the mail carrier's truck and the UPS truck? That my keen ears can pick up the sound of them pulling up to the curb when I'm on the 2nd floor of my house? When I'm ordering something online, I now stop and ask, "Do I want this item or do I just want the delivery?" So, yeah , brown can do a lot for me!

Jamie said...

I couldn't agree more! Unfortunatly, even though the UPS guy stops in front of our house, the package is usually for the guy across the street. Talk about a let down.

Stacey Cannon said...

YEAAA! I found your blog!! How did I not know it existed??!!

You know I want to see a pic of you in your new jacket!! And it's good to splurge every once in a while! At least your splurge will last...I just spent money on a cake that will be digested!! lol