Friday, February 20, 2009

Not Your Daughter's Jeans

God bless 'em. Finally stylish, hip and happening, funky-fresh fly jeans that fit real mamas with real curves without looking like the dreaded "Mom Jeans". *shudder*

My love affair with denim began in elementary school. Jordache jeans, anyone? How about not letting anything get between me and my Calvins? I wore my jeans with pride...and to death. Fashion took a back seat once I started having babies. I had wanted to try the designer jeans, Seven for all Mankind, but could never in a million years justify the price. That was, until I tried them on. My sister sent a gift card for Mother's Day a few years ago and that's when I decided the time was right. I bought my first pair of Seven jeans! Their price was totally justified by the reflection I saw in the mirror. Holla!

Eventually, I invested in a second pair. Hey, I am a stay-home parent--I don't spend boatloads of money on work clothes and shoes. Why shouldn't I look and feel fabulous in my daily SAHM attire?

At least that's what I told my husband.

I still love my Sevens, but my new NYDJ jeans are better designed for my post-baby, maturing figure. Let's face it, there's nothing quite as pathetic as a middle-aged woman who refuses to age gracefully. I don't want to look like her, but I don't want to look like her daughter either.

2 comments:

Jenny B said...

Rock on, Mama! You deserve it!

Michele said...

I am so far behind with the fashon forward stuff. You go girl! Now I need a pic of you and your jeans.