Monday, March 8, 2010

All Dolled Up

I don't consider myself one of those parents who have to religiously dress their boys in blue and girls in pink. By the way, it really bothers me when people dress their itty-bitty babies like miniature adults. Itchy, unyielding, uncomfortable outfits on infants that appeal only to their parents' silly senses is a huge pet peeve of mine.

But I digress.

Isaiah loves the kiddie show, "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan". Not only is he learning how to share and be a good friend, but the first words out of his mouth could very well be in Mandarin Chinese.

Once I find something Zay is into, I tend to go full throttle. I'm not too concerned if it's a "boy toy" or a "girl toy"--ooh! Which brings me to another pet peeve of mine. I wish the cashier at McDonald's would STOP asking me if my Happy Meals are for boys or girls. Just give me the cool toys--which happen to be Star Wars-themed this month. Just give me those.

But I digress, 2.0.

Like a typical parent, it makes me all warm and fuzzy to see my baby's face light up. And since he can't start begging for stuff the moment we walk into Target or Toys R Us (which is actually a perk), discovering what he does like is often an exercise in trial and error.

But when I saw this Kai-Lan...



...and Isaiah squealed with delight, I knew my little doll had to have that little doll.

No comments: