Tuesday, March 2, 2010
First, I'd Like to Thank The Academy...
One cool thing about posting a public blog on The Internet is that you never really know who is reading it. Never really know who is affected by it. I'd like to thank one of my readers, Tonya, for honoring me with a Beautiful Blogger Award! She commented on how open I am on my blog.
Even if I feel as though I overshare at times, I am supposed to now share 7 things about myself.
So hold onto your hats:
1. I just recently got bitten by the photography bug. Once I received my new camera last fall, I was hooked. I hope to get good enough to make a little money off of it one day.
2. Oreo cookies and milk are part of my nightly routine.
3. I pray better out loud than I do in my head.
4. Hair pieces are my saving grace. There is very little time or energy to keep up my own hair styles--hair pieces give me freedom and versatility. Even if the rest of me looks like I just rolled out of bed.
5. I recently discovered the magic of under-eye concealer. Now my eyes can look rested after only 4 hours of sleep. Even if the rest of me looks like I just rolled out of the bed.
6. Sometimes, I really wish J and I had had a 4th child.
7. Sometimes, I want to run away from the 3 we do have.
I'm also supposed to honor 7 other "Beautiful Bloggers". But all the blogs on My Blog List are special to me. There's no way I can narrow it down to seven:
Ellen: love this blog for its honest look at life with a special needs child---and those giveaways ain't bad either!
Christy: her blog is hilarious and poignant. And her pictures are breathtaking. Can't wait to see what that new camera can do! ;)
Nicky: despite the challenges of raising 2 special needs sons (and a lovely daughter) while holding down a full-time job, her devotion to her husband and children is inspiring
Jamie: I have met Jamie and her family and they are as loving in real life as they seem on her blog. One of my favorite families.
Karen: I always look forward to updates from this beautiful, God-loving family. And I love that they successfully navigated us directly to Ghirardelli Square.
Michele: my first cousin and one of my first BFFs. We stood up in each other's weddings. We've been laughing, crying, rejoicing, and encouraging each other since we were babies.
Jennifer: my fabulous friend who transitioned from stay-home parent to working mama. Fellow fabulous mother of 3.
Maria: one crafty mama of 2 beautiful daughters. Her scrapbooking is phenomenal.
Bethann: a friend of a friend whom I am quickly considering my friend. She balances a job, a hubby, 3 kids, and a new puppy.
Thank you all for being a part of my virtual and very real worlds.