Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Somewhere in Northern California on our way home this week, the song "Cherish" by Kool and the Gang came on the radio. As it played, I was struck by the lyrics "Cherish the love we have, we should cherish the life we live. Cherish the love, cherish the life, cherish the love".

One thing this trip has shown me is how much I cherish my family. I thank God every single day for James and the kids. If I had to be on the road for 34 hours, this is the crew I would want with me.

Our 10-day road trip also taught me some very practical things as well:

* In-vehicle GPS and DVD player = totally worth it

* Never underestimate your budget for souvenirs.

* You can never take too many pictures.

* Keep a sense of humor, sense of adventure, and sense of direction.

* McDonald's iced coffee kicks Starbucks iced coffee's behind.

* Also, their chicken wraps are a tasty alternative to burgers.

* The sight of palm trees can instantly lower your blood pressure.

* If I had invested in Target from the get-go, I'd be rich by now. They are everywhere.

* My family and friends mean the world to me.

Thanks for taking this journey with us.

No comments: