Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Littlest Heroes Project

This morning I submitted Isaiah's application for the Littlest Heroes Project. It involves a network of professional photographers who provide their services for free to children with life-threatening/life altering conditions and their families. It is a remarkable program. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at Isaiah's school pictures and thought to myself, "Wow. I wish they would have taken more time to get a better shot."

I understand how much patience and attentiveness is required for photographing children with various special needs. And I know that for school photographers, it isn't exactly their top priority. They have classroom after classroom to photograph. That's why LHP is such a unique service. Isaiah would be the star of the session in his own comfort zone.

Those would be pictures of a lifetime.

I don't know if and when we'll get accepted, but what a great opportunity for families like ours who wouldn't have the chance otherwise.

No comments: