Monday, April 6, 2009

The San Francisco Treat



Seattle's ranking on my "Favorite Cities Visited" list might just be slipping. We spent the day on San Francisco Bay yesterday and I do believe that's where I left my heart.

First of all, the weather was gorgeous. We drove to Fisherman's Wharf and explored the waterfront. We walked the kids to the Dudley Perkins Harley-Davidson shop and James was like a kid in a candy store.



My friend, Karen (whom I am convinced is my long-lost sister), and her family met us at the Bubba Gump Restaurant on Pier 39 for dinner. Then using Karen's impeccable navigation skills, we hiked it to Ghirardelli Square for dessert. (Totally worth the uphill climb, I tell ya). And I cannot say enough wonderful things about Karen, her husband Sam, and their adorable little girls.



We had such an amazing time. We would have loved to have had Jamie and her family join us, but a family emergency arose and my heart and prayers go out to her and her family.

Today, the Brownie Bunch is heading back north. After one more overnight stay on the way, we should be back home by late Tuesday. The weather forecast for Seattle calls for mild and sunny conditions. Hope it holds out til we get there...

2 comments:

Karen the Californian said...

Awwwwww, you're so sweet! You said nice things because you knew I was reading this, right? :-)

We had a great time with you and your family. When's your next family road trip to SF?

Jamie said...

So glad you had a great time in our city! I am so sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you, but next time?? And thanks for the thoughts and prayers - they mean a lot.