Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'll Fly Away

Tonight I am preparing to leave my babies. My grandmother's funeral is Saturday morning. My flight to Baltimore leaves tomorrow morning.

The longest I've ever been away from the girls was when Isaiah was in fetal SVT and I had to be hospitalized for 5 days. But Daddy brought them up to the hospital every day to see me. He let them call me, too. That's how I found out from Savannah that James had done Mariah's hair and according to her, it looked like a "giant cushion".

We've left all 3 kids overnight with my mom and my sister. It usually involves our wedding anniversary. We would love to get away more, but living overseas and on the other side of the country doesn't make it easy. Being a stay-home parent, it's not unusual for me to need a break from time-to-time. The time away only makes me miss them more.

I just hope they aren't all cushion heads when they pick me up at the airport on Sunday.

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

Be safe, and the cushion heads will survive!