Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Inspirational Artist

My Mini Me has made me mega proud. I'm actually proud of all 3 Brownies, but Savannah gets an extra piece of birthday cake tonight for receiving not one, not two, but six awards at the school wide awards ceremony today. I knew in advance (and in secret) that she would be receiving 2 awards, but the fact that she received so many more does a mama's heart good.

My shy, sweet child who was diagnosed with a learning disability 3 years ago brought home 2 awards for community service (including one for her participation as a "Wheelchair Driver" at the school), an award for her work in the after school program, the Principal's Award for Outstanding Achievement in All Areas, the Great Artist honor, and my favorite: the Inspirational Student Award, for which she was the sole recipient. Here's a video clip of her accepting it:



Is my beaming blinding yet? ;)

6 comments:

Bethann said...

Way to go Savannah !!!

Jamie said...

That's wonderful. You should be super proud of her - that's an awesome accomplishment.

Karen the Californian said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Sharon, I don't know how your heart doesn't burst into a million pieces every day because of all the proud-worthy things your family does and is every day.

Unknown said...

WOW! THAT IS A HUGE DEAL!!!!! I was clapping and cheering just watching at the video clip of my little neice/cousin.

Congratulations Savannah!

Trina Scanapico said...

congrats Miss S! You rock!

The Sister said...

I am so proud! I had tears in my eyes (you know thats a big deal lol) watching. Go Vannie!!!!